With effect from apr 2018
1. Collection of Information
Company is the sole owner of the information collected through the Platform. Company may collect and process personal information and transaction related information from you, including but not limited to the following:
- Information provided by you at the time of registration such as your name, age, email id, contact details, username and password. If you wish to register as a Merchant on the Platform, you shall also be required to provide such details which may include, inter-alia details regarding: (a) your enterprise, (b) your licensed premise(s), (c) such licenses required to be obtained by you under applicable law, (d) the registered pharmacist(s) employed with you and such other details as may be requested by the Company from time to time. Providing additional information beyond what is required at the time of registration is entirely optional and can be altered or removed by you at any time;
- Information that you provide directly to the Company via email or electronic communication;
- Information that you provide to the Company over telephone. The Company may make and keep a record of such information shared by you; and
- Information that you provide to the Company in physical form whether sent through post or courier or handed over to the Company’s representatives, agents or delivery personnel.
- Every electronic device connected to the internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer’s Internet Protocol or “IP” address. When you request a page from any page within the Platform, our web servers automatically recognize your domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed the Platform.
2. Use of the Information collected
- Use of The Information for Services
- To help provide you the Services. This may include sharing the information provided by you with Merchants or any other third parties;
- To observe, improve and administer the quality of the Service being provided;
- To remember the basic information provided by you for effective access;
- To confirm your identity in order to determine your eligibility to use the Platform and avail the Services;
- To notify you about any changes to the Platform;
- To update the Platform with new features;
- To improve the functionality of the Platform;
- To analyze how the Platform is used and diagnose any technical problems that may arise from it;
- To collate and generate demographic information or derivative data which shall not include any personally identifiable information of any user;
- To develop, create or offer new products or services;
- To enable the Company to comply with its legal and regulatory obligations;
- For the purpose of sending administrative notices, Service related alerts and other similar communication with a view of optimizing the efficiency of the Platform;
- Doing market research, troubleshooting, protection against error, project planning, to prevent fraud and other criminal activity;
- For research and development purposes;
- For any other purpose connected with the business of the Company; and
Sale of Assets, Merger, Acquisition, Bankruptcy
- Information collected from you may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale or acquisition, merger or bankruptcy involving the Company, without any intimation to you.
3. Sharing of Information
4. Non-disclosure of Information
5. Security of Information
The Company pledges that it will not sell or rent or share your personal information to anyone and your personal and transaction related information will be protected and maintained strictly confidential by the Company except in the following cases:
- The Company may disclose your personal information in the event it is required to do so by law, rule, regulation, enforcement, governmental official, legal or regulatory authorities and, or, to such other statutory bodies who have appropriate authorisation to access the same for any specific legal purposes;
- The Company may disclose your information to its advisors, consultants, service providers or other third parties, provided that such receivers of information are bound by similar confidentiality obligations;
- The Company may disclose your information to the Merchants that you have chosen to transact with;
- The Company may disclose your information to such third parties to whom it transfers its rights and duties under any agreement entered into with such third parties, prospective investors in the Company or any person who acquires control over the Company, provided that such receivers of information are bound by similar confidentiality obligations; and
- The Company may disclose your information to any affiliate or related entity.
- The Company takes the security of your information very seriously. The Company protects your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction by using technology that is market standard to encrypt personal data. The Company has put in place appropriate methods and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure such information. It only processes personal information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. Platform allows users access to their personal information and allows them to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information.
- The Company uses commercially reasonable precautions to preserve the integrity and security of your information against loss, theft, unauthorised access/use, disclosure and reproduction.
- In using the Platform, you accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet. Therefore, the use of the Platform will be at your own risk and the Company assumes no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third-party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond its reasonable control and you agree not to hold the Company responsible for any breach of security.
- In the event that the Company becomes aware of any breach of the security of your information, it will promptly notify you and take appropriate action to the best of its ability to remedy such a breach.
7. Data Retention
8. Minor’s Privacy
- Your information will be retained with the Company as long as your account is active or as needed to provide Services to you. If you wish to cancel your account or request that the Company no longer uses your information to provide Services, you may contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements or for other business purposes.
9. Opt out Procedures
- Platform is not intended for use by minors and the Company strongly encourages you and your representatives to supervise the online activities of your and your representatives’ minor children.
10. Other Links and Widgets
- Upon initial communication from the Company, you may opt-out of receiving further communications from the Company. To be completely removed from the Company’s mailing list, you may contact us at email@example.com. If you are using an e-mail forwarding service or other similar service please make sure to include the correct e-mail address or addresses.
11. Notification of Changes
12. Grievance Officer
13. Address for privacy questions
If you have any grievance with respect to the Platform or the Service, including any discrepancies and grievances with respect to processing of information, you can contact our Grievance Officer at:
- Jayabarathy Palani
- DEEVITA Technologies India Private Ltd
- 143/6c Eswaran Street, 2nd Floor
- Karapakkam, Chennai – 600097, Tamilnadu, India
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph: +91-9176011853
- Should you have questions about this policy or the Company’s information collection, use and disclosure practices, you may contact us at: email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to respond promptly to requests, questions or concerns you may have regarding our use of your personal information. Except where required by law, the Company cannot ensure a response to questions or comments regarding topics unrelated to this policy or the Company’s privacy practices.